The International Gymnastics Federation has drawn the qualifying rounds for all gymnastics disciplines at the Tokyo Olympics, including art, rhythm and trampoline.
The draw determines the order in which the nations compete against each other in the qualifying rounds and when they complete their podium training.
For women’s artistic gymnastics, the United States is in subdivision 3 (of five) and will begin floor exercise. The subdivision also includes Mixed Group 8 (Jamaica, Peru, Poland, Chile, Turkey), the Netherlands and Mixed Group 1 (Australia, Romania, Portugal, Slovakia) and will compete in the qualifying round on July 25th.
Full qualification field artistic gymnastics women:
- Subdivision 1: Italy, Mixed Group 3 (Ukraine, Croatia, Taipei, Cuba, Azerbaijan), Japan, Mixed Group 6 (Argentina, India, Singapore, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic)
- Subdivision 2: China, Great Britain, Mixed Group 7 (South Africa, Ireland, Austria, Sri Lanka), Russian Olympic Committee
- Subdivision 3: Mixed Group 8 (Jamaica, Peru, Poland, Chile, Turkey), Netherlands, Mixed Group 1 (Australia, Romania, Portugal, Slovakia), United States
- Minor League 4: Canada, Mixed Group 4 (Israel, Switzerland, Uzbekistan, Costa Rica, Malaysia), France, Spain
- Subdivision 5: Mixed Group 5 (South Korea, Norway, Mexico, Hungary), Germany, Mixed Group 2 (Egypt, Brazil, Sweden, Belarus), Belgium
For the men’s artistic gymnastics, the USA is in subdivision 3 (of three) and will start on the parallel bars. The subdivision also includes Germany, Taipei, Mixed Group 5 (Turkey, Italy, Philippines), Mixed Group 2 (France, Uzbekistan, Norway, Lithuania and Azerbaijan) and South Korea and will compete in the qualifying round on July 24th.
Full qualification field artistic gymnastics men:
- Subdivision 1: Mixed Group 1 (Romania, Croatia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Belarus, Ireland), Ukraine, Russian Olympic Committee, China, Mixed Group 3 (Netherlands, Israel, Cyprus, Egypt), Spain
- Subdivision 2: Switzerland, Brazil, United Kingdom, Mixed Group 6 (Hong Kong, Mexico, Armenia, Canada, Bulgaria, Nigeria, Greece), Japan, Mixed Group 4 (Vietnam, Australia, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Albania, Cuba)
- Subdivision 3: Germany, Taipei, Mixed Group 5 (Turkey, Italy, Philippines), Mixed Group 2 (France, Uzbekistan, Norway, Lithuania, Azerbaijan), USA, South Korea
For trampoline, American Nicole Ahsinger contest 13th place in the women’s qualifying round on July 30th. Aliaksei Shostaka, competing with the men for the USA, will also contest the 13th on July 31st.
The two American single rhythmic gymnasts – Laura Zeng and Evita Griskenas – starts the competition on August 6th as 10th and 12th participants with the ball. The US rhythm group starts with five balls in 10th place for the qualifying round on August 7th.
See full streaming schedules for details on how to stream artistic, rhythmic and trampoline gymnastics during the Tokyo Olympics.