Timberland has launched an immersive digital adventure called TimbsTrail that follows the footwear brand from its beginnings to the present day.
Through a playful experience, consumers are taken on a journey through Timberland’s history. The experience celebrates the stories, art, music and people who created the brand culture and honors Timberland’s heritage of innovation in boot making.
Through a series of chapters, guests can explore the evolution of Timberland’s footwear innovation, from the original yellow boot to the heritage-inspired GreenStride boot collection. In each trail, participants can explore a digital environment, watch videos, and collect boots.
- New England Origins is a journey to a scenic corner of New England where the history of Timberland began. Guests can walk through the original factory and meet a husky in the snowy landscape.
- Tokyo/London/Italy focuses on reliving the brand’s early international moments. There’s a party on the London Underground, a meeting with the Italian “Paninaro” and a conversation with a 1990s Harajuku girl.
- “Hip-Hop Legacy” is a step back in time to New York City in the 1990s through the music, graffiti, food and fashion of the decade. Guests hear stories from rapper Fat Joe and follow the rise of the original yellow boot.
- “Green Dream” allows guests to experience a lush green world through stories about responsible sourcing, tree planting and sustainable design.
- Collab City is an exploration of Timberland’s collaborations, including with Bee Line, The North Face and Spongebob.
- The future activate looks to the future, focusing on Timberland’s commitment to purposeful product innovation and environmental leadership.
The TimbsTrails experience was developed in partnership with R/GA. The experience also comes to life in Timberland’s retail stores worldwide.