|Conference location: All England Club Events: June 28th-11th July|
|Cover: Live on BBC TV, radio and online with extensive coverage on BBC iPlayer, Red Button, Connected TVs and mobile apps. All the details Here|
The British number one Johanna Konta was excluded from Wimbledon on the eve of the tournament because one of their teams tested positive for Covid.
Konta who was placed 27th is considered close contact and therefore has to isolate himself for 10 days.
The 30-year-old was scheduled to face the Czech Katerina Siniakova in the first round on Tuesday.
“Our deepest condolences go to Johanna and we hope to see her in court as soon as possible,” tweeted Wimbledon.
The Grand Slam kicks off at the All England Club on Monday and is returning after being canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic last year.
All players must stay at the official hotel in Westminster and are allowed to bring three people.
Konta chose her fiancé, her trainer Dan Smethurst and her strength and conditioning trainer Gill Myburgh.
Since Konta lives very close to the hotel, she will of course be quarantined.
Two weeks ago, the number 31 in the world won her first WTA title in four years in Nottingham.
Konta had hoped for further successes at Wimbledon, where she reached the semi-finals in 2017 and the quarter-finals two years ago.
In a press conference on Saturday, Konta said staying at the official hotel was a strange experience.
“It’s strange driving past my home on the way to Wimbledon every day,” she said.
“It’s a small price to be here at Wimbledon again to play. It’s kind of an all inclusive cruise, that’s how it feels. I’ve never been on a cruise before, but that’s how I imagine it to be an all-inclusive cruise. “
Konta is the second player to be forced to retire from The Championships due to Covid.
The Dane Frederik Nielsen, who won the men’s doubles title with the Briton Jonny Marray in 2012, was excluded on Saturday after a positive test by his trainer.